Monday, August 1, 2011

Safe to say, I hope

  So, since it is Monday, I feel safe enough, (I hope its safe enough) to talk about my surgery. I can tell you its 3 days away. I'm excited, and nervous. I've had surgery before, 3 different times, and it all went well, but they were like 45 min procedures, nothing like this one is expected to be. All I'm hoping is to make it through, and not wake up during the actual surgery. I'm aware this is a rare of rare occurance, but its just something I'm bothered by. We go see my surgeon the day before to know what is actually happening to me, all the technical words, but I'm having upper and lower worked on, and  my nose will be worked on as well (not cosmetically, but he has to straighten out a something or other). So, that is what's going on, and I'm more than thrilled!!! I hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a great week ahead.



Life's a party, wear the hats

P.S. I'm eating myself into oblivion for the last days of chewing, yet have no idea what to eat; anyone have any ideas?

4 comments:

  1. Awwww, horaaay Niki! I'm so glad it's all working out for you. No worries, it will all go great! I believe a 3 day smorgasboard is most definitely in order. I know on my pre-surgery meal plan, I'll have steak, chips with salsa, crudite and cashews. All these things I love but sadly, they are too painful to eat. So, I figure, I'll wait until the last few days before surgery and crunch away knowing that the pain pills will soon follow :) Happy chomping!

    Smiles,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nichole!!! And yes, chips and salsa I totally forgot about. Before you know it, you will be enjoying those things, and savoring them as much as you can.

    Thanks again,

    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki,

    We will be thinking of you girl! You're going to be so happy once this process is behind you!! Wishing you all the best and lots of positive thoughts and energy!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tara,

    Thank you so much it truly means allot to me!


    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete