Friday, August 5, 2011

What Big lips you have...

 The better for me to.... Well they really don't do much but prevent things from staying in my mouth. Hey guys! I made it!! Woo-hoo!! my mother or my father didn't faint or cry (from what I know) but i did. Tee-hee. I remember going in and coming out. It was a 5 hour surgery. In the recovery room, I don't know what they gave me, but i felt the best right after surgery. Weird I know. Anyways after this, I'm not gonna lie everything went so downhill. Guys, i didn't get the button pain meds thing, they didn't order me one, and every like hour i believe maybe half hours, either way I advise you to get the pump any other meds they can give you. And ask for nausea meds too!!! I was in severe pain, almost all day, then we got the pain button thing. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I was a mess, an absolute mess before I got it though, nothing was working. This may be different for everyone but guys, if the meds don't work the pain is HELL. It is awful, I'm not trying to scare anyone away I'm just warning you this is what happened to me, and I'm guessing each person it will be different.

  Now the fun part, the final count: my lower jaw was advanced 11 mm, my upper jaw was advanced as well, but 3mm, to fix my cant the evened it out with 1& 1/2 mm. Also they did a septoplasty I believe its called. I can see it all, besides my lower lip and the swelling from there, but the profile, oh my gosh I love it. Also, I can breathe!!!!! my nose has never been so...free! Hah! this probably sounds lame but I'm on drugs so i have a little bit of an excuse. Hoping things will get better tomorrow. Oh and my nose wont stop but when it does its for a little while. And numbness: ahahaha, weird as ever i can feel  below my cheek bones and a little front strip on my chin.My nose and from my eyeballs yo cheekbone's and my lips and some vicinity around them.

Good Night all!


Life's  a party wear the hats.

6 comments:

  1. Hoooray! Welcome to the other side! That's just rediculous that it took them so long to get your pain under control. I work in health care, and to me, there is no excuse for that.

    Sorry for the rant. Anyhow, rest up and try to do what they say for the next couple of days...and remember- it only gets better from here!

    Smiles,
    Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it safely through your surgery! But sorry to hear you experienced so much pain :( Most people say it's not painful but just uncomfortable and numb, so I'm surprised to hear that. Anyway hope you recover well, and I look forward to hearing more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear you're out! Sorry to hear about the pain, hope it's under control now. Very excited to hear about your ability to breathe! Recover well, look forward to seeing pix;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaay! Excited for you that you're out the other side, and all went well :) Laughed at your rant about the morphine button - I had one of these but it made me so sick I refused to take it, and the nurses left me, straight out of recovery, with no pain meds at all!! So I feel your pain...!
    Good luck with the recovery, first few days are the worst but then it gets better very very quickly xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heu guys!

    Nichole, Thanks so much! And yes my mom was surprised too, she is nurse who works recovery and I am very thankful for that. But things are getting better!


    Sarah, I'm glad I made it out too haha! I was surprised as well, because I didn't see much about pain in the hospital, it was mostly under control for everyone. Thank you!!!


    Amanda, definatley took pics, but I'm gonna be awhile posting them, i don't know how. and pain is better than it was. And Thanks!!!!


    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annafaith, thank you as well, I'm glad to be on the other side too, hahaha. The pain is really shitty, and allot of times nothing helps, glad we were in the same boat! Hopefully I can last these few more days...

    Niki :)

    ReplyDelete